c.1974 Raleigh Record DL.130 Part I

My place is starting to fill up with bikes again. This mid 70's Raleigh Record is the latest BFNR project. I picked this one up because I needed a longer "Grand Cru" style stem for my 3 Speed which I will be swapping out. In addition it had really cool wingnuts on the front wheel (old school quick release) and an old leather Wrights saddle that may be salvageable. The leather is a bit dry in some areas. Another interesting note: this is not an English bike this particular vintage was made in Ireland. The overall condition is pretty grimy and many of the components are seized but it should clean up nicely. See the completed project here in Part II.
I should also note that using masking tape on a bike is a poor choice.




Specs:
Frame & Fork: Raleigh 20-30 Hi-Carbon Steel
Headset: Stock
Quill Stem: Stock Chrome
Handle Bars: Stock Chromoly
Saddle: Wrights Leather
Post: Stock Chromoly
Wheels: Stock 27" Steel
Tires: Kenda 27" X 1 1/4"
Hubs: Sturmey Archer
Bottom Bracket: Stock
Shift Levers: Huret
Front Derailleur: Huret
Rear Derailleur: Huret Allvit
Chain Ring: 40-52T
Free Wheel: 14-28T
Cranks: Nervar
Pedals: Stock
Straps: N/A
Toe Clips:N/A
Brake Levers: Weinmann
Brake Calipers: Weinmann Center Pull
Brake Cables: Stock

Comments